The chiropractic profession is based on the premise that the body has an innate ability to heal itself, and that optimal health depends on the proper functioning of the nervous system. The nervous system controls all bodily functions and is heavily influenced by the alignment and function of the spine. Misalignments, known as subluxations, can interfere with nerve communication and lead to various health issues.
Chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulations, are a cornerstone of chiropractic care. They involve the application of controlled force to specific joints in the spine or other areas of the body. The goal of chiropractic adjustments is to correct misalignments, restore joint function, and alleviate pain, thereby improving overall health and well-being.
How Does Chiropractic Care Provide Pain Relief?
Chiropractic adjustments can address subluxations and other joint dysfunctions, helping to restore proper nerve communication and promote self-healing. Here are some key aspects of chiropractic adjustments:
- Assessment and diagnosis: Before performing an adjustment, a chiropractor will conduct a thorough examination, including a review of the patient’s medical history, a physical examination, and possibly diagnostic imaging. This assessment helps the chiropractor determine the appropriate course of treatment and identify any issues.
- Techniques: Chiropractors use various techniques to perform adjustments, depending on the patient’s needs and preferences. Most chiropractors use more than one method to achieve optimal results.
- Safety: Chiropractic adjustments are generally considered safe when performed by a qualified and licensed chiropractor. However, like any medical intervention, there are potential risks. These can include temporary discomfort or dizziness. It is essential to discuss any concerns with your chiropractor and provide a complete medical history to minimize risks.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Pain relief: Adjustments can alleviate pain in the neck, back, and other joints.
- Improved mobility and function: By restoring joint function, chiropractic adjustments can enhance mobility and flexibility.
- Reduced inflammation: Adjustments can help decrease inflammation, which can contribute to pain and other health issues.
- Headache relief: Tension headaches and cervicogenic headaches can be alleviated with chiropractic care.
- Improved posture: By correcting spinal misalignments, chiropractic adjustments can help improve posture and reduce muscle imbalances.
How Can Other Techniques Help with Pain Relief?
Chiropractic care is often integrated with other therapies, such as massage, physical therapy, and acupuncture, to provide comprehensive treatment and address various health issues. These treatments are cumulative and work together to provide optimal pain relief.
Schedule Your Appointment with Park Ridge Chiropractic
Chiropractic adjustments can be a valuable tool in promoting overall health and well-being. At Park Ridge Chiropractic, Dr. Kahanec is ready to help Park Ridge residents with neck pain and back pain treatment. Contact us today at (201) 364-1289 to schedule your appointment.